I went to the IT show at Suntec City, saw my friend Eunice, oh and also got a new laptop!
ASUS Vivobook Pro N580V – DM060T (SGD$1565)
This was my main criterion: $1.5k, video-editing and gaming capabilities, less than 2kg.
Now, here’s the kicker, only after I got it, i started googling it on the internet. To my surprise, I could barely find anything about it. What I could find most prominently though, was pertaining to this laptop: ASUS Vivobook Pro 15 N580VD, which is a new product on the market. Apparently, my laptop is the less impressive version, what it lacks compared to the newer one is 4K display, Octane memory and a fingerprint sensor. Despite its shortcomings, the specifications are still pretty solid for a laptop this price, I’ll add in the full specs at the end of the post.
Odd factoid, this is only available in Asian markets (not good enough for the American markets i guess). A search in amazon for this product will render zero results.
In a sleek box.the grand opening! basic charging stuff plus a free mousetadahh the laptop! the first thing that came to my mind was, wow, its so cold!the second thing that struck me was, oh gosh this laptop is gorgeous!its got this champagne copper tint, that is oh so stunning. I really didn’t think my budget ($1.5k) permitted an aesthetically beautiful laptop but here it is!backlit keyboardventilation shaft situated below the laptop instead of the sides.ports on the leftports on the rightgreat sound and non-reflective screen
- 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processsor 2.8Ghz (Quad Core, 6M Cache, Up to 3.8Ghz)
- Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
- Discrete Graphics GTX 1050 (note: 960 does perform slightly better than 1050 in benchmark tests) with 4GB DDR5
- 15.6″ LED-backlit Ultra Slim Full HD 1920 x 1080 Display
- 8GB (4 x 2) DDR4 RAM & 1TB SATA HDD + 128GBSSD (upgradable to 16GB)
- 2 Kg (weighed in on a machine and indeed!)
- freaking beautiful but still below the beauty of a classic macbook and hp spectre 13!
Enjoying my new gadget! adios!